Scientific Support Specialist, German speaking (12 month FTC)
About the role:
We are looking for a German speaking Scientific Support Specialist to join Abcam on a 12 month FTC. Our Scientific Support team consists of experienced and highly qualified Biologists, Microbiologists and Life Scientists, and sit at the heart of our commercial operations.
As part of our Scientific Support team, you will be responsible for providing daily technical support to our customers via email, phone and live chat. This also involves liaising with production labs about the products, updating product datasheets and reviewing customer data. In addition, there is also departmental and inter-departmental projects, sharing your expertise with your team and the rest of the organisation. As this role interacts directly with our customers you are required to use first class communication skills as well as expert scientific knowledge.
- Provide an excellent level of technical support to researchers, leading to high customer satisfaction
- Troubleshoot problems with antibody-based applications (western blot, IHC, ELISA, IP, FC, ChIP, etc.) and other protein detection related products and tools (biochemicals, assay kits)
complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with
Improve our customers’ experiences in the lab and increase sales by cross-selling, where appropriate
- Liaise with product suppliers to obtain product information when necessary
- Update product datasheets when new information becomes available
- Spend up to 10% of time working on specific projects, often involving other departments, which benefit the business
- Continually think of, suggest, and help implement process improvements
participate in team meetings and departmental discussions
Stay up-to-date on new products, applications, and techniques through webinars and trainings.
- B.S. in a life sciences field minimum
- Experience in Cellular Assays, Biochemicals, Flow Cytometry and ChIP would be advantageous.
- Background in chemistry with experience using and troubleshooting assay kits and/or the application of biochemicals in life sciences research
- Experience teaching or supervising staff or students
- Customer service and/or call centre experience
- Friendly, positive, self-motivated, and a good team player with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in German
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.