Scientific Support Specialist
In order to help our customers to discover more, faster, you will liaise with production labs about the products, update product datasheets and review customer data. You will help customers from start to finish, identifying their needs, using your initiative to offer the right solution and always offering a fantastic customer experience. You will also gain experience in a fast-paced growing business that has the vision to become the most influential and best-loved brand in life sciences.
This opportunity will be offered on a permanent basis and we can consider applications for both full-time or part-time working hours.
- Helping customers via email and phone
- Troubleshooting problems with antibody-related applications and antibody based products (Western blot, IHC, immunoassay kits, etc.)
- Resolving complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs
- Liaising with product suppliers to obtain product information when necessary.
- Ensure the following is completed before contacting suppliers: review internal resources and check internal notes for requested information.
- Review customer feedback in the form of online submitted Abreviews before publication
- Acting on customer feedback to improve our service
- Improve our customers’ work in the lab and increase sales by cross-selling where appropriate
- Work with customer service pair to offer product/process advice when required identifying potential training needs.
You must hold an MSc or above in a life sciences field with solid practical research laboratory experience using antibodies and related reagents on the bench.
You must have experience in at least two antibody related applications including western blot or immunohistochemistry (IHC). Experience in ChIP and assay kits would be an advantage.
Ideally you will speak an additional language (German, French, Spanish)
- You will be a good team player
You will have excellent communication skills
You must be fluent in written and spoken English.
You will be able to explain protocols and scientific experiments clearly and logically.
You will have strong attention to detail and be passionate about delivering quality scientific support service to our customers.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner,
started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help
scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs
in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain
ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs. It’s our
goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support
and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the
passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved
brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development