Scientific Support Specialist
Department: Customer Mission Support
About the Role:
We are looking for a Scientific Support Specialist to join Abcam's Scientific Support team. Our team consists of experienced and highly qualified Biologists, Microbiologists and Life Scientists, and sits at the heart of our commercial operations.
As part of our Scientific Support team, you will be responsible for providing daily technical support to our customers via email, phone and live chat. This also involves liaising with production labs about the products, updating product datasheets and reviewing customer data. In addition, there is also departmental and inter-departmental projects, sharing your expertise with your team and the rest of the organisation. As this role interacts directly with our customers you are required to use first class communication skills as well as expert scientific knowledge.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Provide an excellent level of technical support to researchers, leading to high customer satisfaction
- Troubleshoot problems with antibody-based applications (western blot, IHC, ELISA, IP, FC, ChIP, etc.) and other protein detection related products and tools (biochemicals, assay kits)
- Resolve complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs Improve our customers’ experiences in the lab and increase sales by cross-selling, where appropriate
- Liaise with product suppliers to obtain product information when necessary
- Update product datasheets when new information becomes available
- Spend up to 10% of time working on specific projects, often involving other departments, which benefit the business
- Continually think of, suggest, and help implement process improvements
- Actively participate in team meetings and departmental discussions Stay up-to-date on new products, applications, and techniques through webinars and trainings.
- B.S. in a life sciences field minimum
- Experience in Cellular Assays, Biochemicals, Flow Cytometry and ChIP would be advantageous.
- Background in chemistry with experience using and troubleshooting assay kits and/or the application of biochemicals in life sciences research
- Experience teaching or supervising staff or students
- Customer service and/or call centre experience
- Friendly, positive, self-motivated, and a good team player with effective written and verbal communication skills
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to use your scientific expertise in a customer-facing role, then apply today!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law