Scientific Programme Manager
We are looking to recruit a Programme Manager with a scientific background. This role will report into the Head of the Programme Management Office within PPI. Using their knowledge and experience they will manage an assigned large scale programme(s). The job is based at our Cambridge (UK) site but the job holder will work closely with other stakeholders in other global locations to deliver the programme to strict timelines.
Roles & responsibilities:
- To plan and design complex multi-disciplinary programmes, identifying success criteria, setting controls and ensuring programme assurance, quality assurance and appropriate change management processes are in place with routine updates/checks. Proactively monitoring and reporting on progress through the governance framework.
- To maintain and ensure delivery of the portfolio/programme delivery map, having an overall view of finance tracking using an established system and resources, ensuring the projects within the programme have adequate resources to deliver and develop strategies to address resource gaps.
- To communicate changes in timelines in a timely manner to stakeholders and works to resolve issues to get project back on track, skillfully managing and influencing all levels within Abcam, managing risks (threats and opportunities) and issues across the programme, ensuring regular reporting and escalation to senior stakeholders as appropriate.
- To establish and supports programme governance and decision making by acting as a link between the programme and business governance. Prepares milestone reports as required particularly for higher level stakeholders including board level. Holding self and programme team accountable for delivery.
- To ensure relevant stakeholders interests are identified and addressed. Working collaboratively to build effective relationships and achieve buy-in to the overall programme objectives.
- To build and manage strategic relationships with multiple diverse stakeholders across the projects and Abcam and drives to build a consensus that maintains focus and ensures programme objectives are met.
- To develops and maintain the programme plan and regularly provides status reports on programme progress to sponsors and executive stakeholders at senior management meetings.
- To identify and establish a working program team that enables the program to move forwards. Chair regular team meetings and provide minutes to key stakeholders. Influence project members to ensure timely delivery of the project deliverables.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong project management background, with experience of working within the life sciences industry, and a MSc or PhD in biological science or equivalent experience. A formal project management qualification is highly preferred (such as Prince 2). You will have extensive experience of managing and delivering large scale projects with multiple stakeholders and will have extensive years project management experience.
You will be highly organised, be comfortable working to deadlines and prioritising different aspects of the project. You will be able to work independently and have outstanding attention to detail.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.