About the role
Scientific Communicators are key members of the China Quality Team and are responsible for producing technical material and delivering training to our customers and distributors in China. Our ambition is that our products work first time in our customers hands. The China Quality Team is part of the Global Quality Team, within the Portfolio Governance Team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyse product data to generate and promote technical material in Mandarin for customers.
- Track and report of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) defined by China Quality Manager.
- To create scientific and technical tools that enable scientists and customers get the good experiment result at the beginning.
- Work with abcam scientific network on product quality improvement.
- To deliver high quality and varied science event and training to the Chinese scientific community (scientists and distributors).
- To assist in the co-ordination of resources and scheduling of training and event.
- Translate essential information on the Abcam website from English in to Chinese.
- Any other business as required.
- Minimum of a master degree in biological-science field, PhD is preferable.
- 2 years additional laboratory research experience using antibodies and related reagents in antibody-based applications. Experience in western blotting or immunohistochemistry or Flow desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills (both in Mandarin and English)
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong team-working skills and an ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- High level of analytical skills.
- Flexible to 30% travel within China
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.