Sales Specialist Fireplex (EMEA)
About the role
As a Sales Specialist Antibody Customs / Fireplex EMEA, you will report directly into the Head of Sales EMEA and will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities within key geographic areas in the EMEA.
You will be part of our commercial team which has a goal to help our clients make scientific breakthroughs in their research and product development using our extensive service capabilities incorporating our development technologies of Phage display, RabMab Hybridoma, B-Cell cloning, NGS and the Fireplex solution.
This position will be remotely based in the UK.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the achievement of the department’s assigned targets for profitable sales revenue and achievement of the EMEA teams’ overall objectives.
Play a key support role to key colleagues including Key Account Managers and Project Managers in the successful delivery of custom solutions in Key Accounts.
- Identify new opportunities to develop strategic business relationships focusing on accounts defined by the custom profiling criteria for potential customer
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and marketing our portfolio of service capabilities.
- Provide project updates and collect feedback from customers.
Facilitate business/legal agreements such as CDA’s & Custom design agreements.
- Continually provide feedback and assist the organizational needs around market development and new service opportunities, customer trends, competitive activities.
- With the Head of Sales EMEA input into the formulation of the annual custom business plans
- Provide input into Key Account Plans with the Key Account Manager and aid in the identification of custom opportunities at these sites.
- Work cross functionally with other departments within Abcam to allow fulfilment of the sales cycle for custom solutions and allow coordinated interfacing between Abcam and the Customer
- Work closely during appropriate portions of the sales cycle with other departments to ensure fit for purpose propositions to customers e.g. Business Development in order to ensure up front planning for where licensing out opportunities exist with customers and allow coordinated capture and management of these opportunities
- Input into and if required participate in Custom/Fireplex review meetings and Pipeline review meetings.
- Write customer proposals including quotations in conjunction with the Custom/Fireplex Solutions production teams and Project Management teams.
- Travel of up to 50% will be required.
You have a MSc or Ph.D. in Biology or related field, ideally with experience in Immunology and Immunohistochemistry. You have solid and demonstrable experience in solution science-based selling in the Life Science
Your customers and relationships management skills are proficient both at scientific end-user level and decision-making level. Your communication skills, attention to details and ability to prevent, detect and resolve problems are excellent.
As a continuously growing and ambitious company, Abcam is able to offer many opportunities for development within the commercial organisation or other teams.