Resource Planning Manager (Customer Operations)
About the role
We’re looking for a Resource Planning Manager to join our expanding Customer Operations team at Abcam! Working collaboratively with the VP of Customer Mission Operations, you will be responsible for initiating and implementing strategies to drive our resource planning model as we continue on our rapid growth journey. Key responsibilities include;
- Create and define commercial models, business cases and operational metrics to meet and exceed annual commercial objectives
- Lead the creation of global customer operations short term and long-term forecast metrics and data modeling to effectively manage work distribution within budget and opex.
- Work collaboratively with FBP to agree and revise the budget in line with performance and demand
- Define global resource requirements for annual budget process and 1-5 yr planning
- Partner with other functions such as Marketing, Product development, Tech to augment CX and Customer Value using insight from data analysis and research.
- Act as SME for Customer Data for Senior Stakeholders and Customer Mission Operations SLT
- Provide thought leadership for new and innovative ways to analyze and optimize data insights
- Understand and apply the business data standards to data model design and business needs
- Experience within a Resource Planning position, ideally within a global, customer centric organisation
- Customer focused approach, with customer satisfaction being a core driver
- Proven track record of conducting technical, yet easily digestible analyses that drive strategic decisions & initiatives
- Strong Stakeholder management skills, with the ability to listen, engage and influence
- Proficient in using inhouse Oracle Service and Sales cloud: analytics & reports modules and the following;
- Experience using various platforms such as Tableau, Erlang C/Resource Planning systems/tools, Excel, Access
- Experience using BI reporting tools and databases, including data ingestion, SQL competence and database design
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills - passionate about storytelling via data
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.