Job Title: Associate Scientist
About the role
The Associate Scientist of antibody manufacturing team is responsible for rabbit monoclonal antibody (RabMab) new and replenishment production, purification, trouble shooting and leading production and purification process and technology optimization with the goal of providing consistent, high quality antibody products to our customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Daily work of antibody manufacturing. Routinely perform cell culture, antibody purification and processing techniques.
- Good knowledge of scientific principles, methods and processes (technical and/or theoretical) used to conduct systematic and objective inquiry, methods of data collection and analyses, and interpreting and reporting results are required, as well as the ability to operate instruments and equipment.
- Identify and solve problems with hands-on involvement and working together with the related teams.
- Make sure the coordination and completion of projects on time within scope.
- Project management on tracking the whole process of project pipeline assigned making sure multiple projects go smoothly.
- By working together with manufacturing scientists, develop, build, or test prototypes or new production methods, processes, or procedures for antibody products with higher antibody quality and stability.
- Coordinate upstream/ downstream and other cross-functional communications to support high quality antibody development, production and purification.
- Perform additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned.
- Master degree in life sciences required. Bachelor with rich experience can be considered.
- Biological sciences with 3 years academic, biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- At least 2 years of experience in antibody or protein expression & purification
- Rich experience on cell culture, transient transfection and protein/antibody expression and purification. Molecular biology background and large-scale expression manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience with GMP quality systems and manufacturing operations will be preferable.
- Ability to rigorous logical thinking.
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently.
- Must be a highly responsible individual able to execute multiple efforts with high fidelity.
- Ability to effectively manage and interpret data required.
- Must be highly attentive to detail and well organized.
- Skillful communication with colleagues
- Good English reading and writing skills. Good listening English and verbal communication skills necessary.
- Positive attitude, solid work ethic and self-motivated individual desired
- Strong willingness to contribute to bio-industry and help scientists discover more.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.