Research Associate - Quality Control
About the role:
We are recruiting for a QC Research Associate role on the Manufacturing Services team that will contribute to the testing of intermediate materials generated by the Manufacturing Services team as well as incoming materials that are used in our ELISA products. These include raw materials, diluents, buffers, proteins, antibodies, and antibody conjugates for our in-house kits. The role will report to the Manufacturing Services team lead Scientist. Most of the work is in a laboratory setting requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including a lab coat, eye protection and gloves. In accordance with Oregon laws, our site currently requires the use of a mask on site.
- SimpleStep ELISA protein and conjugate validation – contribute to the development of the material validation processes and run the day to day validation data collection and communication of results
- Perform documented manufacturing processes according to SOPs
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with Abcam's Global Quality Standards.
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
We are looking for someone that has shown that they:
- are a hardworking high performer in their previous roles.
- are a detail-oriented individual who possesses excellent communication and organizational skills.
- have professional experience in an academic or industrial laboratory.
- thrive in a fast-paced and sociable team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, bioengineering, biology or related field.
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting.
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of lab related equipment.
- Display manual dexterity required to operate lab equipment.
- Experience in an industrial lab setting.
- Experience running and analyzing immunoassays.
- Knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g., ISO 9001)
- Lab setting 80%
- Office setting 20%
- BSL2 lab
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.