Research Associate, Quality Control
About the role
Abcam is a leading web-based business supplying research tools to life scientists worldwide.
We are seeking a Research Associate for our Quality Control team to test a wide variety of antibody-based products in our Eugene, OR facility. The core responsibility will be to provide support to the quality control team by testing our catalog of products after they have completed the manufacturing process. These products include quantity ELISA kits, activity ELISA kits, Western blot antibodies, immunocytochemistry antibodies, and flow cytometry kits.
- Perform documented methods required for finished product quality testing
- Review manufacturing documentation for process deviations
- Communicate analyzed results in detailed written reports.
Maintain archive of control sample inventory required for product testing
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess strong organization skills
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with Abcam's Global Quality Standards.
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- B.S. in Biology, or closely related discipline
- At least one year of related industry experience
- Two years of relevant laboratory experience
- Experience running immunoassays
- Strong background in biochemistry
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
- Display manual dexterity required to operate office lab equipment
- Lab setting 80%
- Office setting 20%
- BSL2 lab
Our culture is one that empowers individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. We place great emphasis on knowledge and experience. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers. In addition to competitive pay we can offer an attractive benefits package, including: flexible medical insurance, a great 401K plan and generous time off.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.