About the role
The successful candidate will support antibody generation within the Custom Solutions Team, using their scientific and technical skills to help deliver tailor-made rabbit monoclonal antibody projects on time and to high standards for external customers.
About Custom Solutions at Abcam
Abcam EMEA Custom Solutions team is part of a global section that offers customers (including leaders from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry) tailor-made, high-performance antibody discovery projects to deliver solutions for their research, diagnostic and therapeutic programs. We utilize a number of approaches, including RabMAb® technology (our patented antibody technology), B cell cloning, Next Generation Sequencing and phage display for the development of high-quality monoclonal antibodies.
Roles & Responsibilities
In particular, the successful candidate will;
- Support all aspects of the antibody generation process for tailor-made recombinant monoclonal antibody projects (mainly cell and molecular biology-based, but may be required to assist in assays/screening on occasion)
- Conduct standard molecular biology techniques and assays, such as PCR, nucleic acid extraction, transformation, transfection, ELISA, Western Blot, etc.
- Prepare specialised media and maintain and deliver core cell lines for use in transfection and high throughput assays
- Isolate primary cells for use in downstream antibody generation processes
- Use liquid handling automation to support high throughput sampling and screening
- Contribute to process and technology improvements
- Work closely with project managers and project stakeholders to relay project progress and delivery dates for key reagents
- Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analysing and presenting experimental data within internal meetings, and participate in the drafting and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the lab is compliant with all external and internal quality standards, and compliance with all health and safety guidelines.
More About You
This position would suit a hardworking, detail-orientated person who is able to function effectively in a fast-paced and close-knit team environment. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about exceeding our customer expectations and supporting the team to deliver challenging and exciting projects. An eagerness to learn new techniques/technologies and excellent communication skills are a must.
You will be educated to at least degree level in a life sciences-related subject. Our ideal candidate will have some experience working in a scientific industry/lab and have an awareness of working to strict timelines and demanding quality standards. Prior experience in cell culture and/or molecular biology is desirable, as is any prior experience in antibody generation for biotech or pharma industries, although not essential as full training will be provided.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.