Research Associate - NPD (ftc)
Research Associate – SimpleStep Immunoassays
Abcam is looking for a full-time contract Research Associate to assist in the development of novel immunoassays in our Eugene, OR facility. The core responsibility will be to provide support to the SimpleStep immunoassay development team through the use of antibody-based laboratory techniques such as sandwich ELISA, Western blot, immunocytochemistry, and flow cytometry as well as the generation of biological materials for analysis.
Our culture is one that empowers individuals with responsibility given at an early stage. The environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform documented methods required for immunoassay development
- Assist in further validation of antibodies, proteins and lysates for immunoassay development
- Maintain good laboratory records
- Communicate experimental detail information both verbally and in technical reports and notes
- Perform tissue culture
- Generate cell, tissue, subcellular fractions and purified protein materials required for assay development
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of scientific equipment
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
B.S. in Biology, or closely related discipline
1 year of relevant laboratory experience
- Experience in immunoassays, protein chemistry, protein separation or chromatography
- 1+ year working in industry
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Follow detailed instructions precisely
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess strong organization skills
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
Lab setting 70%
Office setting 30%
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.