Research Associate, IVD
About the role
You will join a cross-functional team delivering recombinant antibodies for use in immunohistochemistry applications, developed and manufactured under MDSAP/ISO13485 (2016) quality standard. These antibodies are supplied to our customers for use in critical care, serving as diagnostic reagents in pathology settings. The role is based in Burlingame, California and part of the In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) team, reporting to the Principal Scientist of IVD.
The focus of this role will be to contribute to the development and validation of qualified reagents for IVD immunohistochemistry products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Test and validate IHC products lines for IVD market under design control guidelines
- Perform FFPE tissue sectioning and maintain tissue inventory.
- Work with scientists, as required to provide support for internal work and customer project.
- Support the quality control of IVD products (tissue slide preparation, testing, QA documentation), operating in a cross-matrixed team, focussed on delivering on-time manufacture of products to exceed customer and quality needs
- Assist in goal setting and monitoring of progress
- Communicate detailed information both verbally and in technical reports and laboratory notebooks
- Role model a safe working environment, adhering to Abcam’s SOP, H & S standards and Operational Excellence policies
- A BS Degree in biochemistry, pathology, cell and molecular biology, immunology or other Life Sciences.
- 0-3 years of relevant industry experience.
- It will be beneficial if you have experience in histopathology and tissue sectioning.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills is required.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Working experience in an industry setting is advantageous
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.