Job Title: Research Associate, Protein Purification
About the role
The Research Associate is responsible for the purification of rabbit monoclonal antibody (RabMab) products, antiserum and recombinant protein, working together with Scientist to lead purification process and technology optimization with the goal of providing consistent, high quality RabMab products to our customers. This position reports to supervisor of Manufacturing Midstream Group with 13 group members inside. In our group, you can polish your skill of protein purification with first class equipment and technique, work with our top-level scientist to continuously improve the quality of our antibody products and develop your career in the culture of equality, friendliness, teamwork and continuous learning.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Daily work of antibody or protein purification and corresponding affinity column preparation
- Monitor and adjust purification processes or equipment for quality and purification yield.
- Routine buffer preparation for all processes being performed in the department
- Compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in relation to antibody production and purification
- Facilitate planning, goal-setting, and tracking of agreed projects and actions.
- Proactive independent problem-solving and decision-making within scope of role
- Follow scientist to conduct technologies newly developed and optimized process on antibody purification as required.
- Perform additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned.
- Biological sciences with 3 years academic, biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in antibody or protein expression & purification
- Experience with various chromatography techniques and spectral methods, such as protein A affinity, SEC, thiophilic chromatography, etc.
- Positive attitude, solid work ethic and self-motivated individual desired
- Hands-on involvement and trouble shooting ability required
- Ability to rigorous logical thinking
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently
- Must be a highly responsible individual able to execute multiple efforts with high fidelity
- Minimal Bachelor degree in life sciences required. M.S Preferred.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.