About the role
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to fill a Research Associate position on the Manufacturing Services team within the manufacturing department. The core responsibility will be to support the immunoassay development and manufacturing teams through the production of conjugated antibodies. Use of antibody-related laboratory techniques such as biochemical conjugation, affinity purification and ELISAs for conjugate validation will be required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform documented methods for high-throughput batched antibody conjugations, hybridoma cell culture, and antibody purification
- Communicate detailed experimental information verbally and in technical reports within the team and cross-functionally
- Maintain accurate records of inventoried items
- Process incoming material and supply shipments
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace
- Comply with Abcam's Global Quality Standards
You possess outstanding attention to detail, great communication skills and thrive in a dynamic environment. You have experience working in a biology or chemistry laboratory and have an interest in industry. You like a work environment that challenges you but offers flexibility and encourages open communication.
- B.S. in Biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or closely related degree
- Demonstrated experience with common laboratory skills and equipment (pipetting, centrifugation, buffer preparation, etc)
- At least one year of laboratory experience working with proteins and antibodies
- Manufacturing experience using ERP software (Oracle, SAP, Dynamics, etc)
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.