About the role
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to fill a Research Associate position in our Conjugation and Cell Sciences team within the manufacturing department. The core responsibility will be to support the immunoassay development and manufacturing teams through the production of conjugated antibodies. Use of antibody-based laboratory techniques such as affinity purification and ELISAs for conjugate validation will be required. Additional support will be required for producing monoclonal antibodies through the sterile culture of mammalian hybridoma cell lines and subsequent antibody purification.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform documented methods for batched antibody conjugations, hybridoma cell culture, and antibody purification
- Communicate detailed experimental information verbally and in technical reports within the team and cross-functionally
- Maintain accurate records of inventoried items
- Process incoming material and supply shipments
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace
- Comply with Abcam's Global Quality Standards
You possess outstanding attention to detail, great communication skills and thrive in a dynamic environment. You have experience working in a biology or chemistry laboratory and have an interest in industry. You like a work environment that challenges you but offers flexibility and encourages open communication.
- B.S. in Biology, biochemistry, immunology, or closely related degree
- At least one year of relevant laboratory experience
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences. Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.