About the role
We are seeking a Research Associate to assist in the development of novel immunoassays in our Eugene, OR facility. The core responsibility will be to provide support to the immunoassay development team through the use of antibody-based laboratory techniques such as sandwich ELISA, Western blot, immunocytochemistry, and flow cytometry as well as the generation of biological materials for analysis.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Perform documented methods required for immunoassay development hands-on at the lab bench and using automated liquid handling robotics
- Assist in further validation of antibodies, proteins and lysates for immunoassay development
- Maintain good laboratory records
- Communicate experimental detail information both verbally and in technical reports and notes
- Perform tissue culture
- Generate cell, tissue, subcellular fractions and purified protein materials required for assay development
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of scientific equipment
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- B.S. in Biology, immunology, or closely-related degree
- 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
- Display manual dexterity required to operate office and heavy lab equipment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Experience in immunoassays, protein chemistry, protein separation and chromatography
- 1+ year working in industry
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Follow detailed instructions precisely
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess strong organization skills
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Lab setting 70%
- Office setting 30%
- Exposure to toxic/hazardous/dangerous chemicals and biohazards
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.