Job Title: Cell Science Group (CSG) technician
About the role
We are looking for a CLG technician to take the responsibility of Western blot (WB) screen material preparation to validate antibodies.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced operator. You should be able to perform required experiment independently.
Roles & responsibilities
- Receive the WB test requests from project managers and make the experiment plan
- Prepare the WB screen materials, solutions, and equipment
- Perform WB experiments
- Report to the supervisor on the work status periodically and the problem timely
- Manage the reagents, maintain the equipment periodically and keep the experiment area clean and tidy
- Abide by the company’s lab management regulations and health & safe regulations
- Perform additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned
- This position requires a person who has knowledge of general laboratory duties and biological sciences
- Strong willingness to contribute to bio-industry and help scientists to discover more
- Minimal Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field
- Good communication skill with colleagues and teamwork guidance
- Basic ability of office software
- Hands-on experience in WB is an added plus
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.