Job purpose: Coordinate cryogenic storage of WIP & catalogue products and support Cambridge and US Cell Engineering teams. This is a support role within the Cell Engineering team in Cambridge.
- Data administration
- Create and maintain cell bank inventory records via online systems and MS Excel logs.
- Work closely Cell Engineering members to schedule put away of cell banks.
- Interact with current and future Abcam IT systems (LIMS, Adminsite, Oracle) to create product IDs.
- Interact with lab equipment, primarily automated tube marker and semi-automated cryogenic storage tank.
- Liaise with logistic, supply chain, marketing, product integration, supplier managers, finance, and scientific support teams to help resolve discrepancies.
- Work with US colleagues to coordinate shipments of cell lines between UK and US sites.
- Work with our IT department to ensure that our systems are working and address any issues promptly. Escalate any unresolved issues to department supervisor/manager.
- Work collaboratively to meet the targets and objectives for the department.
- Accurately maintain our stock level and work to resolve any stock discrepancies.
- Comply with all Health & Safety (H&S) regulations.
- Comply with all Abcam quality practices.
- Comply with import and export regulations.
- Other duties as required. Could include but not limited to:
- Housekeeping (equipment maintenance and cleaning)
- Stock taking
- Consumable ordering and management
- Assist in creation of SOPs
- Assist in any future updates to IT softwares
Summary of Job Requirements:
Education, Training & Qualifications:
- Good Laboratory Practice (Desirable)
Experience – Work, Research, Voluntary, other
- Experience of working in a team-orientated environment (Essential)
- Experience of working as a logistic administrator in warehouse, store, distribution, laboratory environment (Essential)
- A solid understanding and appreciation of good H&S practices, particularly working in and managing high risk environments (Essential)
- Experience in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or other related field (desirable)
- Experience of receiving and booking in stock (Desirable)
- Experience of working with automated systems (Desirable)
Specific Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and multi-task in a fast paced working environment
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Confident and effective communicator, inter-departmental, at all levels
- Proactive and wanting to learn
- Adaptable, motivated and enthusiastic
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.