Role & Responsibilities:
In this role, you will use cutting edge technologies and CRISPR/ genome editing to generate a variety of edited cell lines i.e. cancer cells, mammalian or primary cells, immune and neurones cells. This laboratory-based role will give you the opportunity to apply molecular and cell biology expertise; obtain practical experience in launching large pipeline of cellular models; build expertise in multiple research areas i.e. Neuroscience, Epigenetics, Immunology-oncology and Cardiovascular metabolism; and finally collaboratively work across many business areas with local and global matrix teams.
- MSc in Biology or a related discipline
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing
- Experience in CRISPR reagent delivery: lipofection/ electroporation
- DNA extraction and Genotyping
- Experience with handling numerous cellular models: cancer, immune and primary cells, neurones and stem cells
- Single cell Cloning: FACS, limiting dilution or other technologies
- Strong experimental design and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team working, communication and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise.
- Ph.D in Biology or a related discipline
- Experience in Inventory management
- Experience of cell line production, QC and manufacturing processes
- Experience with designing and implementing focused or genome-wide CRISPR screen
- Experience of cell-based assays and high content imaging
- Experience in NGS and NGS data analysis
- Experience with laboratory automation and information management systems
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.