Research Associate - Assay Development
Abcam is looking for a Research Associate to join our team in Natick, MA, working to develop biological functional assays for high quality recombinant proteins for development as standalone products at Abcam. The goal of this product line is to deliver outstanding products to our customers and help Abcam achieve our aim of being the most influential company in life sciences by helping advance global understanding of biology and causes of disease, which, in turn, will drive new treatments and improved health.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform mammalian cell culture including adherent, suspension cell lines and primary cells.
- Assist in developing and optimizing the protocols for cell based functional assays which includes potency assays and immunoassays.
- Clearly document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analyzing and presenting experimental data within internal team meetings.
- Assist with drafting of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and risk assessments.
- Help establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping.
- Show collaborative work ethic and support other members of the team for most efficient project delivery.
- Contribute to additional activities within the team, as required.
- Support and foster a safe and efficient working environment within the Laboratory and ensure the safety of colleagues and visitors and adhere to all health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the facility is compliant with all internal and external quality standards, including ISO9001 (2015).
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience, or a Masters degree in bioengineering, biochemistry or biology.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Hard-working and self-motivated to deliver high quality results in timely manner,
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the Technology Development team
- Experience in writing / reviewing SOPs and Risk Assessments.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.