Research Associate - Antibody Discovery, EMEA Custom Solutions
About the Role:
About the role – Research associate/Senior research associate, EMEA Custom Solutions (Antibody discovery and characterisation)
Several positions are available to support antibody generation and characterisation within the Custom Solutions Team. Successful candidates will use their scientific and technical skills to help deliver tailor-made rabbit monoclonal antibody projects on time and to high standards for external customers. To begin with, initial focus will be on either molecular biology or assays, transitioning in the longer term to be flexible and agile across both specialities.
About Custom Solutions at Abcam:
Abcam EMEA Custom Solutions team is part of a global section that offers customers (including leaders from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry) tailor-made, high-performance antibody discovery projects to deliver solutions for their research, diagnostic and therapeutic programs. We utilize a number of approaches, including RabMAb® technology (our patented antibody technology), B cell cloning, Next Generation Sequencing and phage display for the development of high-quality monoclonal antibodies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The person appointed to this role will;
- Support all aspects of the antibody generation process for bespoke monoclonal antibody projects
- Use liquid handling automation to support high throughput sampling and assays
- Contribute to and implement process improvements with an operational excellence mindset.
- Research information on relevant innovations/technologies and reagents, as well as communicate this clearly and concisely to peers.
- Work closely with project managers and project stakeholders to relay project progress and delivery dates for key reagents, and contribute to the preparation of customer reports and recommendations
- Support Data Management by analysing data and recording within laboratory notebooks in a timely manner;
- Abide by, and contribute to, Laboratory SOPs and work within Abcam H & S, Ethical and Quality standards
- Ensure the lab is tidy and continually stocked with key reagents and lab consumables
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, highly self-motivated, hardworking, have excellent organisational capabilities and deliver results consistently to a high-standard in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about science and wants to be involved not only in delivering challenging projects, but also understanding the how and the why; constantly pushing to exceed expectations. An eagerness to learn new techniques/technologies and excellent communication skills are a must.
You will be educated to at least degree level in a life sciences-related subject. Our ideal candidate will have some experience working in a scientific industry/lab and have an awareness of working to strict timelines and demanding quality standards. Prior experience in either molecular biology, standard binding assays such as ELISA, HTRF and flow cytometry is desirable, as is any prior experience in antibody generation for biotech or pharma industries, although not essential as full training will be provided.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law