Research Associate (6 Month FTC)
About the role
Abcam, a rapidly expanding bioscience organisation,
are looking for a highly experienced Research Associate - Cell Culture
Specialist to join our first-class In-House Manufacturing team for a fixed term
6 month contract. You will need to be able to hit the ground running to conduct
the resuscitation, subculture and cryopreservation of hybridomas for the
production of Abcam products.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to have an immediate and positive impact within the team and ultimately support researchers and scientists across the world to discover more faster!
Roles and responsibilities:
- Resuscitation, subculture and cryopreservation of hybridomas for production of Abcam Products;
- Maintain master and working cell banks for each cell line;
- Assist in performing ELISA’s to determine isotype and quantify antibody yields of culture supernatants.
- Assist in maintaining processes and procedures for mycoplasma and contamination control within the cell culture facility;
- Support any process development, optimisation of products and troubleshooting.
- Work to concepts and practices of Abcam’s lab health and safety policy including the regulations governing COSHH, biological agents and genetically modified organisms.
- Ensure compliance with Quality policies and SOPs;
- Set and achieve high standards for cell culture environment. Employ and encourage effective aseptic techniques and good cell culture practices
- Assist with general housekeeping duties.
You have solid hands on experience of mammalian cell culture. You
understand the fundamental science behind cell culture techniques and hold a
life sciences related degree.
You have an excellent attention to detail and a natural ability to deliver work that requires high precision. Team-work is essential at Abcam in order to deliver the best service and products to our customers, and so you will need to be a natural team-player to be successful.
Our customers are at the centre of what we do at Abcam and as a result you must have the customer in mind in everything you do.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling
antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific
researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK,
the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious,
driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.