Research Associate - 12 Week FTC
About the Role
The Imaging team, part of the Antibody Validation and Characterization Group, play a key role in the validation and characterization of new antibody and abcam core products.
We are seeking a multi-skilled and highly motivated research associate to assist and contribute flexibly across our team for an initial period of 6 months.
You will be providing support by running routine experiments, collecting and communicating experimental data, preparing buffers and solutions. In return you will have the potential of on the job training in a number of different disciplines and the opportunity to interact with people in all of the units across Abcam’s Cambridge Laboratories.
Roles and Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Performing routine Flow Cytometry and Immunocytochemistry assays.
- Preparing cells, plates or tissues for analysis.
- Accurately recording experimental details in Lab notebooks or the Batch Manufacturing Record (BMR) system.
- Preparing standard buffers and reagents according to defined operating procedures.
- Providing general lab support, maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- You will be a highly organized individual and a good team player, preferably with experience in a Laboratory environment. A demonstrated track record of adapting rapidly to new challenges and delivering quality results would be ideal.
- Experience in flow cytometer and immunocytochemistry assays and familiarity with various mammalian cell lines are desirable.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for permanent employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.