Research Associate – Technology development
About the role
Abcam, a rapidly expanding bioscience organisation, are looking for a highly experienced Research Associate to join Technology Development department on a permanent basis. You will need to be available on a short notice and be able to hit the ground running and work within the department to develop novel technologies to assist efficient payload delivery into cells.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone looking to participate in development of cutting-edge technological approaches and employ their skills and expertise to create novel intracellular payload delivery methods with unprecedented efficiency, ease and reproducibility of use. This will have an immediate and positive impact for the team, the department and company and ultimately support researchers and scientists across the world to discover more, faster!
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform mammalian cell culture, including adherent and suspension cell lines, primary and established lines, stem cells and iPSCs
- Perform cell treatments and transfections as required
- Assist in developing and optimising new protocols for transfection of different payloads
- Work autonomously to record and deliver data according to deadlines
- Work with and support other members of the team for most efficient project delivery
- Show agile work ethic and ability to employ various scientific and technical approaches to achieve the results
- Help establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping
- Help maintaining a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies
- Ensure compliance with applicable Abcam policies
- Assist with general housekeeping duties.
- Experience with various mammalian cell lines and mammalian cell cultures
- Experience in cell transfections and validation
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the Technology Development team and other teams within the company
- Self-motivation and proactive attitude, focused on delivering or exceeding expectations
Compliance with Standard Operating Procedures where applicable, as well as Risk Assessment
Experience in writing / reviewing SOPs and Risk Assessments
Experience in molecular biology
- Experience in biochemistry
- Experience of working within the Life Science Industry
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.