Research Associate – Cell Sciences (12 month FTC)
Job Title: Research Associate – Cell Sciences (12 month FTC)
About the role
Abcam, a rapidly expanding bioscience organisation, are looking for an experienced Research Associate - Cell Culture Specialist to join our first-class In-House Manufacturing team for a fixed term 12- month contract. You will need to be able to hit the ground running to conduct the resuscitation, subculture and cryopreservation of hybridomas and other cell lines for the production of Abcam products.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to have an immediate and positive impact within the team and ultimately support researchers and scientists across the world to discover more faster!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Resuscitation, subculture and cryopreservation of hybridomas for production of Abcam Products.
- Assist in performing ELISA’s to determine isotype and quantify antibody yields of culture supernatants.
- Support all aspects of the antibody generation process for bespoke monoclonal antibody projects
- Use liquid handling automation to support high throughput sampling and assays
- Assist in maintaining processes and procedures for mycoplasma and contamination control within the cell culture facility.
- Support any process development, optimisation of products and troubleshooting.
- Work to concepts and practices of Abcam’s lab health and safety policy including the regulations governing COSHH, biological agents and genetically modified organisms.
- Ensure compliance with Quality policies and SOPs.
- Set and achieve high standards for cell culture environment. Employ and encourage effective aseptic techniques and good cell culture practices
- Assist with general housekeeping duties.
You have solid hands on experience of mammalian cell culture. You understand the fundamental science behind cell culture techniques and hold a life science related degree.
You have an excellent attention to detail and a natural ability to deliver work that requires high precision. Teamwork is essential at Abcam in order to deliver the best service and products to our customers, and so you will need to be a natural team-player to be successful.
Our customers are at the centre of what we do at Abcam and as a result you must have the customer in mind in everything you do.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.??
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.