Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Product Safety)
This exciting role will support Abcam’s Regulatory Compliance Manager (Product Safety), with main accountabilities being the authoring and maintenance of product safety data sheets (SDS) and hazard data for inclusion on product labels in accordance with GHS, REACH, OSHA (HCS) and any other applicable relevant global regulations. This role will interface closely with Category and Supplier Management Teams and will principally involve SDS updates, authoring of new SDS as required and the answering of relevant queries via a dedicated inbox facility.
Roles & responsibilities
· Generate compliant SDS for all new products using Abcam’s dedicated SDS authoring application, WERCS
· Maintain existing product SDS ensuring any updates to hazards and/or legislation are implemented
· Support managing a dedicated inbox
· Carry out routine governance and oversight checks, particularly for antibody, protein, peptides & lysates portfolios
· General Regulatory Compliance team support
Our ideal candidate will possess a knowledge of Chemistry, Life Science or a related field.
Familiarity with global chemical regulations (EU, GHS, OSHA (HCS) would be advantageous, but not essential due to basic training being provided, as would any other experience of a previous administrator role, junior regulatory affairs or product compliance role.
You will benefit from being technically minded, have the ability to work independently with strong communication skills. You will hold yourself and others to high standards of accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge of the SDS authoring application WERCS would be advantageous, as would any other experience with this type of application.