Regional Program Manager
Regional Program Manager
Abcam is growing on five year strategies and one of the key initiatives is to develop new global footprint in Asia and China. There are a number of wide- ranging and exciting regional strategic projects will be kicked off from FY19. The strategic projects will focus on extending our APAC site footprint,build logistics network, potentially new operation business set up and integration of new M&A into operaton…Therefore, we require a Seasoned Regional Program Manager in Aisa to support the Program Sponsor on Strategic Program initiating, managing and implementing the program plan, control program schedule, risks and budget, and measuring the business results. This role is key for APAC regional businesss growth, Her/his key focus will be overall Program management and business results analysis and control to ensure successful program delivery of global footprint strategy.
- Support program sponsor to prepare strong business case with market analysis
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management and business transformation
- Assume responsibility for the program’s team and vendors
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for program sponsor and report to Sr leadership team as needed
- Drives the design and implementation of the projects on purpose.
- Ensures project Leads are managing their projects in a proactive planning and execution rigor following the same Project Management methodology, templates, and reporting standards
- Tracks work to be completed, sets deadlines and determines task owners
- Proactively identifies and mitigates any potential risks – including interdependences impact between projects
- Responsible for daily meeting agendas, meeting minutes, documents and reports work.
- Determines and models how business results and anticipated impacts should be measured and assessed.
- Meticulous tracking of various implementation pieces to measure incremental benefits forecasted
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position with more than 8 years is a minimal request.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Understand Asia countries economics and culture, and life science industry market knowledge
- Bachelors Degree and above; preferably in healthcare related industry working experience
- Supply Chain, logistics, facility, EHS, Quality…operation experience are required
- Scientific Lab and cold chain distribution working experience are a plus
- Proficient in Chinese and English language
- PgMP/PMP certification and Lean/Six Sigma Expert preferred
- MBA or MNC consultant firm experience preferred
- Good communication skills across all organization levels, including excellent interpersonal skills
- Embodies role-model ethical standards
- Ability and experience making data-driven decisions across business functions
- Proficient in Windows based office software, MS Project, Minitab.
- Drives for Results – Consistently meets goals and objectives with increasing focus on stretch goal attainment.
- Written Communication Skills - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles in order to achieve impactful results.
- Technical (continuous) learning - Demonstrates the mental agility to acquire new concepts and business acumen rapidly and has an aptitude for building comprehensive industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small and large groups and up and down organizational levels.
- Negotiation skills - Understands the dynamics of negotiation centered on achieving the highest value for stakeholders.
China, based in Beijing/Shanghai/HangZhou
(up to 20% Travel required)