About the role
This is a new role within Abcam, coordinating the Procurement day to day activities associated with our brand-new oracle-based procurement platform. Your role will be to be the interface between our end users and suppliers in processing requisition’s through to completion and ensuring the suppliers deliver against our needs.
Utilizing your operational procurement skills, you will be the point of contact in procurement to evaluate how requisitions should be processed, by considering options such as RFQ’s, RFI’s or direct supplier negotiations – all of which will be managed in conjunction with our global procurement team.
This is great opportunity for someone starting their procurement career and wanting to develop themselves in a global procurement team, demonstrate their ability to learn, use and understand an advanced procurement platform.
If you have the passion, appetite and willingness to learn how to apply the world of procurement systems and processes to the day to day business needs – this could be the job for you!
- Working with the Procurement and Category Managers to support the creation and maintenance of procurement catalogues and SKU’s within the Oracle system.
- Responsible for purchase requisition assessment, for the Creation/amendments to purchase orders and the management of Oracle based reports to track deliveries
- Support the Procurement mangers with the creation and management of purchase agreements within the Oracle system.
- Supporting the creation of sourcing events (i.e. RFQ’s & RFI’s) requirements by the Procurement Managers
- Coordinate and manage the Oracle Supplier portal. Key activities will include Supplier training, introduction and discontinuation of suppliers, ensuring all suppliers data is maintained, leading and managing supplier questionnaire requests and responses. The running of day to day procurement reports to support data analysis, key performance indicators and the daily requirements of the procurement function
- Adopt a total cost of ownership mindset to drive new ways of working with the business and suppliers. (Applicable to procurement team)
- Contribute and adhere to procurement policies and procedures to improve the compliance agenda and drive best practices.
- Apply risk management techniques to ensure appropriate measures are taken to mitigate against financial, reputational, legal, business continuity and performance risk exposure. (Applicable to procurement team)
Previous experience within procurement is advantageous.
Capable to manage the complexities of operating with corporate/global orientated Suppliers.
Experience in biotechnology / pharmaceutical / life sciences is preferred although not essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Results driven whilst not losing sight of the business needs
Passion to learn and grow within a procurement organization
Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Agile with an ability to advocate change and improve ways of working
Ability to influence across business and departments – at all levels of both suppliers and a
- Is a natural problem solver, who can use their own initiative when faced with challenges;
- A confident approach with a flair for negotiation and networking;
- Experience developing internal and external relationships;
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.??
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.