Project Manager - Customer Mission Operations (6 month FTC)
Project Manager - Customer Mission Operations
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Helping our customers achieve their mission faster is what we are all about and have our customers in mind in everything we do. We aim to provide a world class experience for our customers through the channel of the customer’s choice, whether it’s using our website, email or talking to our talented Customer Service Specialists. The SME Team function is dedicated to implementing and transforming the customer and employee experience to achieve these objectives. To also lead and drive change to deliver a new operating model and strategy, supported by a multi-speed business change model. Highly results-focused and passionate to deliver high team performance talent.
As a Customer Operations SME Project Lead, you will be responsible for sharing your knowledge and experience of ABCAM and Customer Operations systems and processes to deliver innovation and support the implementation of new technology, best practice and ways of working. Your experience and leadership should define, build and enable new capability within Customer Operations.
You will lead, manage and implement projects to provide outstanding customer and scientific support in terms of operational excellence and business growth, measured by net promoter scores and other key KPIs including sales revenue. You will develop and implement a customer experience strategy aligned with organizational goals and focused on delivering an exceptional customer experience.
We are looking for someone to inspire people and rise to the challenge to solve problems. You’ll need a passion for continuous improvement, innovation, be a first-class communicator and enjoy challenging the status quo and thinking creatively to solve problems. Previous experience in Life sciences is required.
You will need to be comfortable in an environment where change is a constant, at Abcam we are always striving to improve everything we do.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the transformation of Abcam’s global Customer Operations organization, delivering and embedding the new Fast. Expert. Ready strategy
- Leading end-to-end projects across Abcam and being focused on successfully launching and landing new capabilities, right first time
- Maintain risk logs and delivery of project cadence
- Ensuring cross-business strategic projects have the detailed understanding of Mission Support and voice of the customer included
- Defining and developing all aspects of the key customer journeys using methodologies such as design thinking, customer journey maps and co creation to wow our customers, simplify the agent experience, reduce cost and grow revenue
- Applying experience & expertise to ensure simplicity and global consistency in design, and accuracy whilst undertaking the role of the customer advocate.
- Helping define and develop all aspects of system processes and workflows to support our vision for the future of customer experience.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of global business processes in the context of both internal users and external customers, to ensure alignment across worldwide sites.
- Eliciting requirements from the business users and Business Process Owners across the globe through workshops, project meetings and documentation.
- Understanding of the biological principles involved in catalogue products, using research experience to drive customer support initiatives.
- Identifying opportunities for innovation to feed into business operations strategies
- Maintaining specialist scientific understanding of wider research areas to react to and anticipate support required for customers based upon business focus.
- Making data-driven decisions to guide business process optimisation and changes.
Summary of Job Requirements
- A passion for supporting life sciences research as well as extensive technical experience in life sciences; advanced degree/PhD or equivalent in scientific discipline
- Knowledge of the life science market; previous experience in Biotechnology and/or Life Sciences in both Academia and Industry advantageous
- A proven ability to analyse information from a range of sources to guide decision making and solve complex problems.
- Knowledge and an understanding of upstream and downstream processes
- Experience in facilitating customer experience improvements through the use of journey maps, data, co creation in both incubator and production platform environments.
- Proficient in operational excellence knowledge & experience including process mapping.
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and team members to reach common goals and develop strong working relationships throughout the business.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritise with a can-do attitude, as you will be working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of computer literacy and experience with CRM systems preferred
- Customer focused approach, with customer satisfaction being a core driver – understanding of Net Promoter Score
- Strong communication (written and verbal including numeracy) and listening skills
- Ability to build rapport with peers and the team with a focus on engagement and its impact on performance
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, including our award-winning share scheme, a market leading family policy, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, as well as a highly flexible working environment. What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.