Project Manager - Custom Solutions (12 month FTC)
About the role:
We are looking for a project manager to join a dynamic team responsible for managing customer projects, driving them toward major milestones and completion. This position will be an important addition to the EMEA Custom Solutions team within our Cambridge headquarters.
The Custom Solutions team is part of a global section that offers customers (including leaders from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry) tailor-made, high-performance antibody discovery projects to deliver solutions for their research, diagnostic and therapeutic programs. We utilize a number of approaches, including RabMAb® technology (our patented antibody technology), B cell cloning, Next Generation Sequencing and phage display for the development of high-quality monoclonal antibodies.
The projects that we deliver are tailored to exacting specifications, from initial target evaluation all the way through to provision of purified fit-for-purpose antibody.
The project management role is critical for successful delivery on time, on budget and to specification. The successful candidate will lead communications with the customer and all stakeholders, including commercial, business development and operational functions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Management of multiple complex projects (both internal and external).
- Conversion of a project proposal into a project plan with defined time, cost and quality parameters.
- Populate project timelines and provide regular updates to stakeholders, ensuring delays and issues are proactively identified and mitigated accordingly.
- Tracking of predicted and converted revenue and costs, against budget forecasts and actuals.
- Establish key relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sourcing of critical reagents for use within custom projects.
- Prepare, attend and document customer-facing presenations.
- Prepare both data reports and product datasheets.
- Establish and maintain relevant project metrics to monitor performance and success.
- Be involved within continuous improvement and implementation e.g. adoption of new systems and software.
You appreciate the importance of customers and go the extra mile to meet their needs. You are organized, meticulous, motivated, articulate and have an interest in learning and supporting our customers’ projects. You are able to remain level-headed when faced with adversity. You are committed to continuous improvement and actively particiate in the betterment of your team.
- Strong interpersonal and e
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and analytical approach to your work
- bility to prioritize multiple tasks and make decisions, with an awareness of when to escalate.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with customers, collaborators and within the company.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records (both physical and electronic).
- PRINCE2 qualified (foundation and practitioner).
- Certified PMP.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Please note the deadline for applications is Friday 5th March, 17:00 BST
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.