Please note that we will move to our brand new offices in Waltham, located in 152 Grove St, Waltham, MA 02453 around May 2021
We are looking to recruit a project manager with a scientific background. This role will report into the Programme Management. Using their knowledge and experience they will manage an assigned project or programme(s).
The job is based at our Boston (US) site but the job holder will work closely with other stakeholders in other global locations to deliver the programme to strict timelines.
- Responsible for project management of a specific project within a large scale programme or of a smaller functional programme.
- Establishes a clear robust project plan with key go/no go criteria and works with stakeholders to provide a regular updated timeline for the project.
- Communicates changes in timeline in a timely manner to stakeholders and works to resolve issues to get project back on track.
- Establishes a resource plan.
- Identifies and monitors project risks and issues. Develops mitigating actions and escalates as appropriate, taking ownership to get performance on track.
- Identifies and works with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Supports effective governance and decision making. Provides reporting and engages in mechanisms that hold self and others to account for delivery.
- Identifies and manages stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manages internal and external relationships as appropriate.
- Cascades vision and translates into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintains the Project Plan. Identifies and sets appropriate Project Controls. Manages performance and reports progress to sponsors.
- Understands key financial principles relating to project delivery. Creates a project with correct financial assignment and executes in line with financial objectives. Monitors financial inputs.
- Identify and establish a working project/program team that enables the project to move forwards. Chair regular team meetings and provide minutes to key stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have a solid project management background, with experience of working within the life sciences industry, and a MSc or PhD in biological science or equivalent experience. Although a formal project management qualification would be advantageous (such as Prince 2), it is not essential. You will have some experience of managing and delivering large scale projects with multiple stakeholders and will have significant project management experience.
You will be highly organised, be comfortable working to deadlines and prioritising different aspects of the project. You will be able to work independently and have outstanding attention to detail.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.