Join Abcam as a Project Manager
Abcam are a leading supplier of research tools to life scientists, with a global reputation for high performance products. As we continue our rapid growth and success, we have a need for a new permanent Project Manager role within our New Product Development (NPD) function. This role will support the completion and quality of technical projects related to our areas of focus across life science research.
We are looking for a motivated and collaborative Project Manager. This role will work very closely with our Portfolio Marketing teams and New Product Development teams globally, so effective cross-functional teamwork is a must. This role will be part of the New Product Development (NPD) team and report into the NPD Programme Team Manager. The NPD team sits within the Product Portfolio and Innovation (PPI) group at Abcam.
The initial focus for this role will be on our Epigenetics project portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity for someone aiming to have a tangible impact on our growth strategy while supporting the smooth implementation of new technologies and processes across multiple teams, ultimately delivering better epigenetics-related products to our customers.
The job is based at our Cambridge (UK) site, but the job holder will work closely across several teams in our global locations.
- Establish and manage projects to ensure we deliver on our strategy and develop our high-quality product portfolio to meet our customers’ needs.
- Apply your commercial acumen to drive project execution, ensuring technical decisions are aligned with customer need and delivery to market
- Support global cross-functional teams, ensuring successful project execution with long-lasting change and value.
- Partner with senior business leaders and influence stakeholders from different cultures.
- Ensure projects are managed according to best-practice principles - e.g. appropriate governance is in place, required documentation is produced, the business case supports the Business Plan, and budgets are effectively monitored etc.
- Develop lessons learned and share information to benefit future projects and programmes.
- Contribute to the development of an Abcam Project Management community in order to align working practices, develop best practice and realise synergies.
- Work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) within the directorate to report on project progress, establish productive working relationships and consistency of approach within the PPI group.
Our ideal candidate will have >3 years’ experience in Project Management, preferably within the Life Sciences sector. Demonstrable working knowledge of one project delivery methodology, or formal project management training (e.g. PRINCE2, APM, Agile) is desirable, but not essential, providing you have practical experience of managing projects. A background in antibody development or a life sciences degree/PhD would be advantageous.
We are looking for someone astute, highly competent at project management, a natural planner, proactive, organized, personable and reliable. Someone that cares about the quality and impact of the work they deliver. You should be a team player, able to take responsibility and manage multiple projects simultaneously in different time-zones, with competing priorities. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment where effective communication is key.
Advanced knowledge of using MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint would be advantageous.
If this sounds like you then apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is informal, fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. It’s a great opportunity
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.