About the role
This is an exciting and impactful role in a dynamic team supporting the Custom Partnerships and Licensing Initiative. The successful candidate will be based in Branford and part of the global team with additional teams in California and Cambridge, UK. The Custom Solutions team is also supported by Abcam’s wider organization with strong links to Hangzhou, China.
The role involves oversight of Custom Projects to deliver antibodies that meet exacting specifications, primarily for biopharma customers. This is a customer-facing role, working with the technical teams to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to delight our customers.
Roles & responsibilities
- Oversight of project portfolio, interacting with the technical teams to ensure on time delivery of all projects and ensuring reporting of key metrics to internal stakeholders
- Primary point of contact for customers with co-ordination of customer updates of project progression, organizing meetings and sharing data updates
- Ensuring on-time shipping / delivery of products and intermediate material to the customer
- Contribute to the Global Custom Solutions strategy, working with senior stakeholders to establish, monitor and report KPI, aligned to operational excellence performance goals
- Oversight of financial records with accurate performance tracking and dashboard reporting, including liaising with Finance stakeholders for cost collection and customer invoicing
- Support business cases and governance of transformational projects
- Liaise with other PM team members and technical team to support new opportunities, ensuring the technical team have good visibility on upcoming proposals for review and are aware of required timelines
- Contribute to “lessons learned” post project reviews, documenting and implementing process improvements
- Collate information for technical insights for Custom Solutions to Regional Marketing teams to improve sales collateral and marketing material
- Line management of junior project management staff may be required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience in Project Management in a technical commercial setting
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
- Highly-proficient with Microsoft Suite
- PMP certification is a plus
The successful candidate will have experience communicating and working on global team, will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contribute to project teams. The candidate possesses strong communication, organization, attention to detail and team skills. The successful candidate will be naturally self-motived and thrive in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.???
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law