Manufacturing – Production Supervisor
About the role
We have an excellent opportunity for a dedicated leader to fill the role of a Production Supervisor in our fast-paced collaborative manufacturing department. You’ll be responsible for continuing to grow and lead a team of research associates in the production of our expanding catalog of kits. As the production supervisor you will work directly with your team and coordinate the processes and documentation necessary for the replenishment of our products. You will need to recognize constraints in your processes and collaborate with Supply Chain, Quality Control, and Logistics to appropriately find solutions to meet the demand and deliver products on time. Finally, you will develop your team and help them build new capabilities as they progress on their career paths.
Our manufacturing department is responsible for the replenishment of a catalog of more than 2000 high quality and technical products. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team to manufacture our products accurately and on time so that our customers can discover more, faster.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Line management of manufacturing Research Associates, and Inventory Specialists.
- Week-to-week capacity planning for the fulfillment of work orders.
- Track and report key manufacturing metrics on dashboard.
- Ensure that staff training is completed and recorded.
- Ensure that manufacturing records are processed completely and accurately.
- Ensure that production equipment and storage equipment is operational.
- Attend and contribute to weekly supply chain and production management meetings.
- Maintain working knowledge of laboratory and office IT systems.
- Participate in continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Monitor Cycle Counting process and ensure adherence to schedule.
- Assist with directly in the lab as needed.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with Abcam's Global Quality Standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least two to five years of experience in a manufacturing laboratory position.
- Experience in a Biosafety Level 2 or higher-classified laboratory environment.
- Experience with inventory and order management.
- Must possess a positive, friendly, and collaborative attitude.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a safe working environment
Our culture is one that empowers individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. We place great emphasis on knowledge and experience. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers. In addition to competitive salaries we can offer an attractive benefits package, including: flexible medical insurance, 401K plan and generous time off.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.