Location: Waltham, US
About the role:
- Responsible for determining actionable and efficient daily, weekly and monthly production schedules, taking into account available resources including material availability, labour, and equipment availability.
- Ensure planning schedule meets the needs of the customers and the business (inventory policy). Ensuring plans are created to deliver a best in class on time in full delivery (OTIF).
- Work collaboratively with the global supply planning team to report on plans execution and capacity issues.
- Lead resolution of issues such as shortages, spikes and production delays that may influence on-time delivery.
- Strengthen systems to guarantee production schedules align with set targets and budgets.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Master’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a manufacturing supply chain planning environment, or experience working in a biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing with a solid understanding of planning issues
- Minimum 4 years in a supply chain role
- Strong leadership and influence skills
- Experience using supply chain planning aspects of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problem
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.