About this role
As part of our rapid growth at Abcam, we are looking for a Production Planner who will be responsible for creating production schedules and ensure these production schedules meet the deadlines of our customers . It’s an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop and progress as we are building our Production Planning team and global S&OP process and systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for determining actionable and efficient daily, weekly and monthly production schedules, taking into account available resources including material availability, labor, and equipment availability.
- Adjust production schedule as needed based on changing conditions (delayed material deliveries, sick leaves, equipment breakdowns…)
- Ensure planning schedule meets the needs of the customers and the business (inventory policy). Ensuring plans are created to deliver a best in class on time in full delivery (OTIF).
- Work collaboratively with the global supply planning team to report on plans execution and capacity issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Demand execution team to strategically prioritize customer orders.
- Lead resolution of issues such as shortages, spikes and production delays that may influence on-time delivery.
- Strengthen systems to guarantee production schedules align with set targets and budgets.
- Troubleshoot system and process issues
- Create, maintain and report set KPI’s to outline production activities and effectiveness and assist effective decision-making in the organization.
- Support where appropriate any site projects, identifying process inefficiencies and driving optimization to deliver increased productivity.
- Master’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a manufacturing supply chain planning environment, or experience working in a biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing with a solid understanding of planning issues
- Minimum 4 years in a supply chain role, ideally across multiple sites.
- Strong leadership and influence skills
- Experience using supply chain planning aspects of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problems
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.