Production and Material Planning Manager
- Manage the daily site planning activities related to production planning and material planning
- Ensure all production control and planning requirements are fulfilled
- Proactively work alongside the demand execution team to meet customer requirements
- Analyze production performance data to highlight opportunities for improved efficiencies and work closely with the sites heads to drive those efficiencies
- Ensure all KPI’s are achieved, and monthly KPI reports issued and communicated, and issues escalated
- Monitor and drive improvement of strategic and operational performance.
- Manage material suppliers and identify added value through closer collaboration and partnerships.
- Work closely with procurement teams to identify and execute raw materials cost savings.
- Ensure the site planners are executing within budget and against the business objectives.
- Identify capacity variances, and work closely with the global supply planning team to feed long term capacity plans.
- Address risks in the supply chain related to slippages and bottlenecks
- Set and Manage raw materials and intermediate inventory levels for the business by focusing on stock and inventory turns to improve cash flow.
- Provide input to operational plans and support budget creation and quarterly updates
- Work closely with the other sites material managers to leverage repeatable template models and standardize cross company execution processes.
- Lead and develop a team of material and production planners
- Sponsor and/or lead process improvement initiatives to improve visibility, standardization, and agility.
- Master’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 6 years in a supply chain role within a manufacturing environment
- Previous production/material planning and production scheduling experience is necessary.
- Demonstrable experience of Purchasing and supplier management.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships across all levels and functions in an organization
- Strong customer focus
- High level of continuous improvement training, experience, and expertise.
- Excellent use of ERP/MRP systems such as SAP or Oracle, experience in the implementation of a new ERP system would be beneficial.
- Highly KPI orientated - capable using the information to create further business growth/development
- Experience handling data and using data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel