Product Marketing Manager
About the role
Abcam has acquired disruptive technologies and is expanding its portfolio of assay kits to address unmet needs in the pharma drug development and screening space. We are seeking energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team and get the message out to customers. The successful candidate will manage the marketing activities Abcam’s fast-growing multiplex products, reporting to Head of Product Management MPA (Multiplex Assays).
Abcam is the industry leader in primary antibodies, and the best antibodies make the best assays. Help us scale this business and continue its growth as part of a smart, hardworking, congenial team.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Define and execute the marketing and content plan for Multiplex products, working closely with R&D, new product development, eCommerce, Events Planning, Marketing Communications, and other stakeholders.
- Working with the technical product manager for multiplex assays to define and execute the marketing & content plan for Multiplex products, working collaboratively with eCommerce, Events Planning, Marketing Communications, and other stakeholders.
- Engage in competitive intelligence activities.
- Work closely with the technical product manager and R&D to create digital product content including white papers, application notes, and technical posters
- Improve catalogue cross-selling/merchandising strategies. Ensure clear metrics are in place for reporting.
- Design and execute 3rd party ad campaigns as necessary.
- Prepare and communicate marketing materials and sales tools related to toxicology, ensuring that product content is complementary across categories to present an integrated marketing message to Abcam customers that effectively communicates each product’s value proposition.
- B.Sc. in the Life Sciences or MBA with at least 3 years of experience with marketing of life science products.
- 3 years of experience with product or commercial marketing in a biotechnology company selling into the life science market
- Strong communication skills, capable of building effecting working relationships throughout the Abcam organization
- Data driven, highly organized and proactive
- Able to work in Boston or Eugene, US offices
- Ability to travel abroad to attend key events such as conferences, meetings with key customers, and sales training.
- M.Sc. in biology or related field, with at least 5 years of experience with marketing of life science products.
- 1 year of experience with product or commercial marketing in a biotechnology company selling into the life science market.
- Experience in digital marketing analytics, pricing analyses and/or strategic planning
- Proven experience with indirect management in a matrix environment
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.