About the role
The Commercial Portfolio team are “the passion behind the product portfolio, acting to anticipate and exceed customer’s expectations, to enable them to progress their research”. Abcam is developing an industry leading Custom, Partnerships & Licensing (CP&L) division which is aiming to become the new growth engine of the company and make Abcam as the most trustable partner in Healthcare industry, by continuously delivering customized and comprehensive life science products/services in discovery, diagnostics and treatment to empower our partners and eventually benefit the patients.
This role is important in growing and developing Abcam’s global presence, and jointly leads the CP&L division, optimising Abcam’s Total Custom Solutions to deliver specific revenue targets using the sales drivers of Land, Convert, Repeat, Grow and Defend.
This role will also be required to support the Marketing Director – Custom, Partnerships and Licensing in developing and delivering an ambitious global strategy for development, positioning, and growth.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and execute the marketing and content plan for Custom Solutions, working closely with Sales, BD, R&D, Operation, Digital & eCommerce, Events Planning, Marketing Communications, Finance and other stakeholders
- Develop strategies that build Abcam Cross-portfolio Custom Solutions as the entry point of long-term industry partnerships
- Working with operation teams to define, manage and update service/product list, develop life cycle and execute pricing strategies
- Coordinate and manage cross team Custom solutions business processes
- Investigating competitive intelligence for Custom Solutions
- Manage/update key messages and sales tools (PWS, printable, best practice/ success stories, etc.), and support on trainings (sales, SC, etc.)
- Work with regional commercial teams for KOL pool development, activities design and execution (campaigns, promotions, etc.), leads generation and ROI tracking
- Create and deliver a portfolio strategy that delivers the next two financial years revenue targets
- Improve cross-selling strategies between Catalogue and CP&L, and from Custom to Partnerships & Licensing. Ensure clear metrics are in place for reporting
- Enhance customer digital experience to ensure that it remains “Best in Life Science”
- Work with Quality & PDI team to solve any product quality related issues
- Support Abcam’s SAM and Inside Sales with customers as Product expert in Total Custom Solutions
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in biological-science field, a PhD is preferable
- Minimum of 3 years’ product management, marketing, sales or business development experience
- Experience of Custom service/solutions in life science industry, IVD/ Pharma/ Biotech preferred
- Experience of leading cross functional marketing, development and manufacturing teams
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- High level of analytical and numerical skills
- Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced environment
- Results focused
- Strong team player able to build credibility at the senior level, and lead and motivate international cross function teams
- Excellent communicator who can work autonomously
- Comfortable with a flexible working environment and being flexible to meet demands of the role
- Resilient with the strength to deal with challenging situations
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.