Product Data Manager
About the role
This is a pivotal role in Abcam’s Product Governance Team. The role holder will be responsible for managing product data in our Hangzhou site, ensuring data security, quality, and governance. They will work closely with colleagues in global locations to ensure efficient publication of products on Abcam’s website and drive process improvements. They will be responsible for ensuring that data records are entered into Abcam’s Product Data management systems and support the integration of new product lines into Abcam’s core business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring items and item attributes for the Hangzhou site are created, enriched, and managed in Product Information Management (PIM) system and other downstream systems (for example. Oracle - Product Hub).
- Line management of Product Data Administrators to manage performance and ensure continuous training and development of the team. Ensure team resources are maximised.
- Collaboration with wider Product Data colleagues to balance global workload and resource.
- Coordination & communication with key stakeholders in other departments to understand workflows and pipelines.
- Provide knowledge and support the integration of new product lines into Abcam’s core business.
- Use extensive experience in product data analysis to guide team on best practice and processing approaches.
- Support the implementation of Data Governance procedures in the team, ensuring highest product data quality and accuracy for our customers and internal teams.
- Experienced line manager
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills and enthusiastic team player
- Experience in data management.
- Expert in Excel (queries, pivot tables and vlookups) and comfortable handling large data set - knowledge of Tableau would be an advantage
- Master’s degree in a life science.
- Technical experience in life sciences area (e.g. antibody development and validation techniques)
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.