Principal Scientist, Antibody Analytics
We are seeking a skilled professional who is passionate about quality control of antibodies and Protein analytics to join our team.
Taking responsibility for setting the best in class quality control standards for antibodies and antibody drug conjugates. The successful candidate will take leadership in communicating their work to a wider audience within Abcam.
The successful candidate will be an expert in protein analytical techniques and have a strong knowledge of antibodies and antibody conjugates. They will be able to break down broad company objectives into achievable technical tasks and communicate these. This person will have a proven track record of delivering projects with impressive results as well as an ability to teach and mentor others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct biophysical analysis of antibodies and antibody conjugates
- Troubleshoot methods and propose additional biophysical analysis where required
- Communicate clearly with managers and the Technology Development team, providing delivery dates and the necessary documentation and clearly presented lab results to support ongoing and completed work
- Communicate any potential issues or delays with affected colleagues in a timely manner
- Discuss lab results and optimisation with other labs around the world
- Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks and batch management records, analysing and presenting experimental data within internal meetings, and participate in the drafting and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Contribute to additional activities within the team, as required
- Role model working in a safe and efficient working environment in the Laboratory and ensure the safety of your colleagues and visitors, and support team adherence to all health and safety guidelines
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the lab is compliant with all external and internal quality standards, including ISO9001
- Mentor and provide training to other members of staff
You will be an expert in antibody/protein analytics with a PHD (or equivalent) and extensive experience in industry and/or academia-setting. You will be confident in conducting protein stability studies and determining the shelf-life of proteins. Experience in antibody characterisation using LC-MS, HPLC, dynamic light scattering, thermal denaturation, and peptide mapping along with experience with determination of the degree of labelling for antibody conjugates would be highly advantageous for the role. Experience with Surface Plasmon Resonance and Design of Experiment would be a advantageous but not essential.
In addition you will be an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills to manage flows between departments.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.