Pipeline Strategy Analyst
Pipeline Strategy Analyst
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Pipeline Strategy Analyst with a strong scientific background. The role is part of a team of 4, headed up by the VP of Research Area Strategy, and is responsible for conducting the analytics required for the full end to end process of commercial evaluation, prioritisation and submission of a new product development project into Abcam’s global reagents manufacturing pipeline.
This job is based at our Cambridge (UK) site but the jobholder will work closely with stakeholders in other global locations to develop Abcam’s product portfolio and support the delivery of our growth strategy.
Roles & responsibilities
The Pipeline Strategy Analyst at Abcam sits within the Research Area Strategy team and is a key commercial analytics role. The jobholder will:
- Utilise scientific insights and provide strategic direction to the new product development (NPD) pipeline to maximise our research area portfolio coverage;
- Develop and employ frameworks to standardise the decision-making process for the prioritisation of product development projects;
- Support commercial decisions across multiple research areas to serve current and future customer needs;
- Provide project prioritisation in accordance with our Research Area strategy and marketing activities, to maximise efficiency and success of marketing campaigns;
- Facilitate the smooth journey of a new product idea through to a marketable product, working closely with the R&D team;
- Support the Programme Management team in the expansion of the NPD pipeline for antibodies through reporting and delivery against key KPIs.
- Generate monthly progress reports and share key achievements with the wider team and stakeholders on NPD projects;
- Collaborate with the consumer insights team to supplement Abcam’s existing knowledge hub on key protein targets and develop our prioritisation algorithms;
Your sphere of responsibility will include Abcam’s NPD pipelines for antibodies and antibody-based kits, and the timely decisions you make on which projects to initiate will drive action not only in the R&D and Manufacturing teams but also the Research Area Strategy and Portfolio Development teams. These teams will rely on your analytical and decision-making ability to achieve their goals and so close collaboration is critical.
About the Research Area Strategy Team
Highly committed, enthusiastic, and ambitious, we are a team focused on collaborative working, innovation, and strategic thinking, who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals. We work in a fast-paced environment where we take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving our goals. What’s more, we have a strong sense of fun and energy.
You will have demonstrable experience in analytics of large datasets and product/pipeline management in the Research, Biotech/Pharma or Diagnostics industry. You will be confident in conducting evaluation of new product ideas and presenting your conclusions back to stakeholders. You will preferably have a broad scientific understanding of a range of research areas and an understanding of antibody development and applications.
You will have proven ability to establish strong working relationships internally and externally, with influencing skills to manage information and decision flows between departments.
A minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent is essential and a PhD would be desirable.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!