People Data Analyst
About the role
Working as part of the global HR team you will be responsible for data management, analytics and reporting of people data. Reporting to the VP of People Experience, this role is responsible for extracting, transforming and presenting our people-based data to develop our people analytics capability, insight and the performance of HR KPI’s. You will be working in collaboration with Abcams digital team, specifically the data management, advanced analytics and data science teams to work on connecting our business data to our people data to promote data focused business decisions and insights.
About HR at Abcam
Life in HR at Abcam is fast paced and fun. The HR team are held in high regard across the business and are seen as a strategic and value add function that works closely with the business at all levels. Our culture is employee centred and you will get the opportunity to influence and evolve our culture as we continue to grow, as well as outstanding future career opportunities. The team is made up of generalist and specialist centres of excellence.
- Internal expert on the organisation’s people data, managing, reporting, analysis and modelling,
- Develop Tableau dashboards and produce reports and insights related to people data for the HR team and various internal stakeholders, develop reports internally to measure; performance, analyse trends and opportunities, produce insight and work to develop more predictive insight,
- Own of a number of people-based reports, using various systems (Oracle Tableau). This work is crucial for our teams to understand their people performance data including take up of Learning & Development, Performance reviews and Recruitment KPI’s etc,
- Work with the insights and analytics team to review and combine outputs and insights from different sources, to provide joined up insight and build the bigger picture to guide business outcomes,
- Analysis, identification, impact assessment and resolution of data quality issues as they arise within HR with our people data,
- Developing and maintaining periodic and adhoc data quality reports,
- Training end users (data creators/HR team) on our data standards and how to capture good quality data at source, as well as monitor and coach their performance,
- Work with Data Governance teams to ensure data is accurate and adheres to our data standards – and to recommend improvements to address gaps,
- Understand the data flows and dependencies between different systems and processes,
- Support the data migration and data cleansing projects and initiatives that require detailed analysis of data, report delivery and recommendations to address gaps,
- Support the People technology team with technology implementation and with people data management to ensure the ability to effectively configure and manipulate people data, as part of enhancements to Abcam’s employee experience and efficiencies,
- Support the creation of public facing information such as the gender pay gap report,
- Deliver a great customer experience for colleagues across the HR team and Abcam management community, managing ad-hoc and regular requests for data, insight and analytics,
- Work with the Head of D&I to improve our D&I dataset as well as understand external data and benchmarks,
- Passionate about making Abcam a great place to work,
- Analytical thinker, methodical, inquisitive, a keen eye for detail,
- Motivated by achieving goals and delivering results, be adaptable, quick to learn and a technical expert,
- Significant experience of working with data across its lifecycle to deliver business value, e.g. customer, product, reference data,
- Experience of using query builders in HR systems (e.g. Oracle, Saba/Cornerstone on demand) is desirable but not essential,
- Experience of working with visualisation tools such as Tableau or Spotfire to turn data quality stats into information to support outcomes,
- Good understanding of Master Data Management (customer and product) and data quality improvement strategies,
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of seniority,
- Able to work both in a team (as member and/or leader) and independently, to deliver results,
- Good attention to detail and an ability to analyse and use data in creative ways,
- Experience in identifying, diagnosing and resolving issues and will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances,
- Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications,
- Fluent written and spoken English,
- Bachelor’s or First degree in Mathematics, Sciences, Business, Computing or Humanities
If you possess the following in addition to the above, it would be an advantage but not essential.
- Relevant industry knowledge such as ISO standards, address verification software, DAMA
- Appreciation of the GDPR and impacts on customer data (positive and negative)
- Experience of working with data quality tools, preferably industry standard tools such as SAP Information Steward, Experian Pandora, Oracle EDQ
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.