We are looking to recruit a Paralegal to join our headquarters based in Cambridge. Reporting into the Legal Counsel, it’s a unique opportunity for a bright and ambitious individual keen to gain practical experience within a fast-paced and successful Legal department.
You will be empowered to take initiatives, make decisions and manage your own workflow and you will learn from a highly dedicated, passionate and experienced team who are looking to further build a fantastic legal function by offering true solutions-led support across Abcam’s business. The current Legal team consists of the General Counsel and Company Secretary, an Associate General Counsel, a Senior IP Counsel, and a Legal Counsel in Cambridge, and a Corporate Counsel and Senior Contracts Manager based in Boston.
- Responsible for managing a variety of legal documents involving photocopying, scanning, filing and accurately logging data, as well as producing standard correspondence and proofreading documents.
- Carrying out basic legal drafting and legal research tasks.
- Assisting with handling general legal queries from the business.
- Contributing to team meetings and exchange of information and ideas to support the efficient running of the Legal & Company Secretarial Team.
- Support the team with both legal and general administrative tasks, such as:
- assisting with the creation and maintenance of Abcam’s contract database;
- assisting with maintenance of its Intellectual Property register;
- handling internal and external communications;
- preparing and submitting expenses;
- supporting the organisation of onsite and offsite meetings;
- producing purchase order numbers and invoices;
- handling post;
- organising travel arrangements; and
- and any other tasks as and when required by the team.
You will have a strong academic record and/or previous experience working as a Paralegal, Contract Manager or similar role. A Law degree or GDL/LPC would be advantageous but not essential for the role. Experience of drafting simple agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements and experience of contract management systems and processes would be beneficial as would an understanding of contract law.
You will be highly organised, be comfortable working to deadlines and prioritise own work efficiently. You will be able to work in a team as well as independently and have outstanding attention to detail.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.