Operational Excellence Lead
About the role
We are growing this globally distributed team to ensure Abcam can scale and meet its ambitious five-year growth targets. With this in mind, we are looking for an individual who can lead and take accountability for project delivery performance including high quality achievement of milestones on-time and on-budget.
The role will be responsible for collaborating with key business partners to build a continuous improvement culture at Abcam. This leader utilizes and serves as a resource for project management and operational excellence tools and methodologies and collaborates to identify and apply program management principles and resolution plans expeditiously. You will manage, and continuously improve, the leading indicators of project success, and aligning and working with other key stakeholders including the Senior Leadership Team across Abcam globally.
The role is based in our outstanding office in the Cambridge Biomedical Campus, but some international travel may be required at times.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Establishes lean culture using visual management, daily accountability, tiered metric boards, and leader standard work
- Leads key project execution for complex, cross-functional project initiatives
- Drives accountability for key millstone achievement across a portfolio of program initiatives
- Develops key project management standard tool set that is operationally efficient and drives global adoption of best practices across program management leaders
- Recommends, implements and manages appropriate program structure and standard performance metrics
- Establishes appropriate project prioritization and leads portfolio review process
- Maximizes results through continuous improvement in organizations ability to execute projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, engineering or business discipline and significant relevant experience
- Experience using modern continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.)
- Drives for results, is action oriented
- Proven track record for developing, training, and mentoring employee teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability of influencing leaders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work cross-functionally and pursue holistic solutions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Leads with integrity and respect
- Ability to travel 30% domestically and internationally
- Life sciences industry experience
- Master’s degree/MBA
- PMP or equivalent certification
- Operational excellence certification
- Experience supporting change in a highly regulated environment
- Management or project management experience
If this sounds like you and you would like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.