Mission Support Specialist
About the role
Looking to continue using your life sciences knowledge and experience away from the bench? Are you the go-to person in your lab when experiments go awry? Do you get your colleagues back on track with excellent troubleshooting advice? Want to gain business skills in a fast-paced biotech environment? If so, this is your next career move!
Abcam, a rapidly growing life science company, has a terrific opportunity for you! We specialize in the production and sale of antibodies and related products and currently need an experienced scientist to join our global, customer-focused team in support of our lab-based clients. This role is ideal for a researcher with hands-on antibody experience in a research setting who now wishes to use their expertise outside of the laboratory. Join our dynamic Scientific Support Team and broaden your skill set in an energetic and friendly work environment!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide an excellent level of technical support to researchers via phone and email, leading to high customer satisfaction as measured by Net Promoter Score
- Troubleshoot problems with antibody-based applications (western blot, IHC, ELISA, IP, FC, ChIP, etc.) and other protein detection related products and tools (biochemicals, assay kits, Multiplex miRNA & Immunoassays)
- Independently resolve complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs
- Improve our customers’ experiences with Abcam products and increase sales by cross-selling when recommending products
- Serve our internal departments to improve product quality and customer experience
- Represent Abcam at vendor shows and conferences or Abcam home grown events by giving booth tech talks or live webinars
- Support the sales and marketing departments through sales mini teams, large volume product recommendations, passing leads and nurturing key accounts
- Ph.D. in life sciences or M.Sc. in life sciences field with at least 1 year additional Laboratory research experience using antibodies and related reagents in antibody-based applications
- Laboratory experience in multiple major antibody-based applications (WB, IP, FACS, ELISA, IHC, ICC, ChIP, any multiplex assays)
- Background in chemistry with experience using and troubleshooting assay kits and/or the application of biochemicals in life sciences research
- Customer service and/or call center experience
- Friendly, positive, self-motivated, and a good team player
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in Chinese and English
- Enjoys and excels at troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experienced and comfortable using computers and software programs, must be comfortable with Excel, Word, and Outlook
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.