The Marketing Manager, Regional Marketing will play a key role in defining our marketing strategies for a selection of critical customer accounts through the development of Account-Based Marketing (ABM) activities. The focus of this role will be to define, execute and report on tailored, account-centric marketing plans with an end goal of increasing account engagement, driving adoption and facilitating expansion of our solutions and services within a small portfolio of large accounts in a 1:1 or 1:few manner. This person will develop exciting strategic marketing programs to drive demand and lead generation supporting the sales initiatives and business objectives while liaising across the global Marketing and Sales.
- Work directly with sales to drive account-based marketing campaigns and programs to build the sales pipeline at named accounts.
- Lead account-specific marketing planning aligned to business and account strategies, industry and sector focus areas, and client growth opportunities.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of highly effective and visible multi-touch, multi-channel marketing programs.
- Leverage experience and an iterative approach to build repeatable and scalable processes, vendor relationships and efficiency.
- Manage and allocate program budget across the right mix of channels and tactics, with data-driven and subjective results.
- Measure and improve return on investment (ROI) of marketing efforts.
- Proactively interface with account leadership and account team members in strategic discussions to coordinate, facilitate, and optimize the impact and alignment of marketing activities.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S., B.A.), or higher, in a life science discipline.
- 3-5 years’+ experience in a marketing role at a life science company or related
- Extensive experience using MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience working with a marketing automation platform preferably Eloqua
- Previous experience working with customers, field sales and support etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of on-line and off-line marketing tactics
- Ability to meet scheduled deliverables and timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast changing, team environment in cross functional teams
- Travel 15-20% of the time for trade shows, conferences, customer visits and interoffice visits
- MBA preferred
- 2-4+ years hand on research experience in an academic or industry life sciences laboratory
- Good working knowledge of operations and workflows in life sciences research with reagents, instruments and relevant applications
- Proven experience in growing new markets; some experience or proven understanding of antibody reagents market; knowledge of antibody related technologies or IHC diagnostics laboratory workflow & needs would be highly beneficial
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.