Manufacturing Engineer (Contractor)
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
About the role
The person will be responsible for dealing with different manufacturing practices and processes in a high-mix-low-volume production, and for development of systems, processes, machines, tools and equipment that turn raw material into a product.
The role will analyse existing manufacturing processes and related data, to plan and design future manufacturing system and processes. Working with the team, it will optimise complex processes and systems by developing, improving and implementing integrated systems of people, information and equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day responsibilities typically include designing systems and processes, installing and maintaining equipment used to manufacture and test them, and generally ensuring that everything runs in a safe, effective and cost-effective manner.
- Create work Structures and routings for the new ERP system
- Create Bill of Materials structures. Query and update existing data
- Create Standard operating procedures including parameters like equipment settings, CTQs and how to measure output, sample size and acceptable limits
- Support system implementation for optimum coordination of labour, materials and machines
- Will suggest ways to ensure the effective flow of the systems, processes and operations
- Role will be supporting other functions like inventory control, quality management, quality control, material flow, cost analysis, procurement and supply chain management
- Support cut over activities, including data reconciliation, business continuity documentation and business process maps to capture the various stages of cut over.
- Manufacturing engineers will hold a relevant engineering degree such as chemical, manufacturing/production or mechanical engineering. Have around 5 years’ of relevant experience in manufacturing ideally in life science sector.
- Have experience of analysing manufacturing processes and writing standard operating procedure in high-mix-low-volume environment.
- You must possess knowledge and understanding of Bill of Materials within an ERP system and how they affect the manufacturing process. This includes the technical structures for designing BOMs within a system to meet Manufacturing requirements.
- You must possess knowledge and understanding of Work Structures / Routings within an ERP system and how they affect the manufacturing process. This includes the technical structures for designing work structures / routings within a system to meet Manufacturing requirements.
- You must be proficient in operational excellence knowledge & experience utilizing the methodologies of Six Sigma and the Principles of Lean in manufacturing.
- You will be able to influence and engage stakeholders and team members to reach common goals and develop strong working relationships throughout the business.
- Multi-tasking must be a strong point as must prioritisation, as you will be working on multiple tasks simultaneously. As you’ll be joining a fast-paced environment you must be comfortable with hitting the ground running.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.