Assisting in the manufacture, assembly and shipment of kit components required to fill orders of TGR products and for general manufacturing laboratory maintenance.
Reporting and Liaison:
This position reports to Manufacturing and Logistics Manager.
In addition, the position may require liaison with production/Quality Control Staff and other TGR Senior Managers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Assay Kit pre-assembly processes and WIP assembly
- Assisting with the manufacture and assembly of assay kit components required for the production of pre-assembled Kits (WIPs). Specific tasks include the following:
- Processing of WIP work orders. This process requires use of Excel to create individual alliquoting worksheets for components.
- Preparation and printing of labels.
- Labelling of bottles and tubes.
- Buffer alliquoting and torque wrenching of bottles.
- Individual WIP assembly.
- Restocking of boxes for key WIPs.
Processing Kit Work Orders
- Processing of assay target work orders to ensure kit components are prepared ready for shipping on designated shipping days. Specific tasks include:
- Completion of relevant work orders.
- Completion and printing relevant assay target checklists.
- Creation of Certificates of Analysis.
- Printing and folding of manuals.
- Reagent Buffer alliquoting.
- Individual Kit assembly.
- Shrink wrapping.
- Assist in packaging and shipping.
- Data entry into relevant databases.
General laboratory duties
- General washing up of laboratory ware and dispensers.
- Assist with routine stocking of laboratory consumables, ie; Packing pipette tips, etc.
- Testing and calibration of laboratory pipettes.
- Assist with receiving goods and batch numbering of incoming goods.
- General laboratory maintenance.
- Restocking of key manufacturing supplies ie; shipping boxes, ice packs, packing material.
Other duties as required
- Reagent Buffer maintenance/disposal as specified by production and QC staff.
- Assist in process change process as required, which may involve changing and or checking documents that have been modified.
- Carry out other tasks as requested by other managers.
Core Competencies (Qualifications, Skills, Attributes):
- Post-secondary qualifications in a relevant field of Science or Laboratory Techniques.
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures to ensure components and products are assembled in accordance with quality processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Sound organisational and time management skills.
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Sound understanding of immunoassay techniques and use of laboratory pipettes.
- Sound understanding of GLP principles.